[mvapich-discuss] Issue with -DUSE_DL_PREFIX for mvapich_malloc.c compilation

Aniruddha Marathe marathe.aniruddha at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:59:33 EST 2010

Hi,

I am facing an issue when using "-DUSE_DL_PREFIX" flag to compile
'mvapich_malloc.c' (in
src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/memory/ptmalloc2). I provide the
following options to 'configure' script:

$./configure --prefix="/home/aniruddha/sweep/mvapich/install/"
CFLAGS="-DUSE_DL_PREFIX" CPPFLAGS="-DUSE_DL_PREFIX"
FFLAGS="-DUSE_DL_PREFIX"

The library compiles successfully. However, when I link this with
sweep3d and smg2000, the benchmark applications do not show any output
once MPI_Init() is called. I need to compile MVAPICH2 with
"-DUSE_DL_PREFIX" since I need to redefine malloc() and free()
separately for bookkeeping. I'm using 'mvapich2-1.4'.

Has anyone had this issue with -DUSE_DL_PREFIX before?

Appreciate your help!

-Aniruddha