[mvapich-discuss] RE: data placement in-order guarantee ?

Viral Mehta Viral.Mehta at lntinfotech.com
Tue Feb 2 23:13:51 EST 2010

Hi,
You can either do a "simple send" after RDMA write or you can also poll on last byte... While I was working on it, I had done and I never ran into problem with either of the method.

Someone also quoted texts from Infiniband Spec, but I would also suggest to read iWARP spec if you are going to support both of them.... For example, in case you decide to implement rdma_write_atomic then,
1. infiniband supports rdma_write_atomic and generates completion on both the sides..
2. iwarp does not support rdma_write_atomic and thus middle level libraries (probably like udapl) will actually do rdma_write operation and will generate completion on one side only...

Hope it may help :)

Thanks,
Viral