[mvapich-discuss] Queries reagrding installation of MVAPICH2

Pawan Sood pawansood at pawansood.com
Tue Feb 2 00:47:41 EST 2010

Hello,

I have a small Linux cluster with following details:-

Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4)
Infiniband card: Mellanox Technologies MT25208 InfiniHost III Ex
Inifiband switch: Cisco SFS 7008P

Currently, Cisco Topspin stack is installed with the following RPMs:-
topspin-ib-mpi-rhel4-3.2.0-118
topspin-ib-mod-rhel4-2.6.9-42.ELsmp-3.2.0-118
topspin-ib-rhel4-3.2.0-118

The above RPMs provide Cisco InfiniBand host drivers, modules and MPI stack.
The version, as shown by 'mpirun_ssh -v' is OSU MVAPICH VERSION
0.9.5-SingleRail.

I am interested in deploying the latest MVAPICH2-1.4.

As I have understood, I need to first remove the Cisco Topspin stuff and
install the OFED package compatible with the OS version.
I have with me Cisco OFED 1.2.5 which provides MVAPICH2-0.9.8-15 and I can
install this OFED package.
Can I also later compile & install the latest MVAPICH2-1.4 alongside
MVAPICH2-0.9.8-15 ?
In my situation, what is the best way to go about deploying the latest
MVAPICH2-1.4 in my cluster ?

Regards,
Pawan Sood