[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-1.6rc1 problem (fwd)

Bryan Putnam bfp at purdue.edu
Tue Dec 7 12:32:11 EST 2010

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Bryan Putnam wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Jonathan Perkins wrote:
>
> > Can you give the output of `mpiname -a' with the mvapich2-1.5 version
> > as well?  I'm wondering about the --with-pm selection.  It seems that
> > you should not be setting this to remshell if you're trying to use
> > mpirun_rsh.
>
> Turns out that removing the "--with-pm..." did not fix the problem. If I
> build mvapich2-1.6rc1 with PGI compilers, everything appears OK. However
> if I build with Intel or gcc compilers, C programs will not run, although
> Fortran and C++ programs seem to be running OK.
>
> Note that I don't see this problem with mvapich2-1.5, and have not seen
> the problem with any versions of mpich2 up to the current mpich2-1.3.1.

I just now rebuilt mvapich2-1.5 as well as mvapich2-1.5.1 which I hadn't
looked at closely before. A C code built with mvapich2-1.5 works fine, but
I'm seeing the same problems with mvapich2-1.5.1 that I see with
mvapich2-1.6rc1. So, it appears that this problem may have started with
mvapich-1.5.1.

Thanks,
Bryan