[mvapich-discuss] mvapich integration with ibm loadleveler

Alexandr Baskakov avb at ssau.ru
Fri Aug 20 14:22:04 EDT 2010

Thanks, Jonathan, for answer. Yes, I've tried to use IBM's instruction.
In this part of mpirun_rsh.c it's ok:
--------------------------------
Replace:
Void child_handler(int);
with:
Void child_handler(int);
Void term_handler(int);

For Linux®, replace:
#define RSH_CMD “/usr/bin/rsh”
#define RSH_CMD “/usr/bin/ssh”
with:
#define RSH_CMD “/opt/ibmll/LoadL/full/bin/llspawn”
#define SSH_CMD “/opt/ibmll/LoadL/full/bin/llpsawn”
-----------------------

but this:
-----------------------
Replace:
signal(SIGCHLD, child_handler);
with:
signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_IGN);
signal(SIGTERM, term_handler);

In mpirun_rsh.c from mvapich-1.2 code is different.

I even tried to make mvapich whith ok code only, from above :)
It's work!, mpirun_rsh use llspawn to fork processes, but they are not
terminated, when parent process was exit.