[mvapich-discuss] MPI-2 over ibverbs/rdma

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Nov 25 03:08:31 EST 2009

> Hi,
>
> I am new to MPI, so my questions might be meaningless.
>
> Does it necessary to have IPoIB configuration for executing MPI-2 ?

No. These two are orthogonal issues.

> Is it possible to run MPI-2 over ibverbs or RDMA without using IPoIB support
> ? If yes, then can anyone point me to some good examples or tutorials ?

You can use the OpenFabrics-Gen2/IB interface of MVAPICH2 to run it
directly over ibverbs.

Please refer to MVAPICH2 1.4 user guide (available from the following
URL). This indicates how to build, configure and run MVAPICH2 on Gen2
interface.

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.4.html

Hope this helps.

DK