[mvapich-discuss] Process management and TCP connections

Rafael Arco Arredondo rafaarco at ugr.es
Fri Mar 20 07:00:13 EDT 2009

Hello,

I compiled MVAPICH 1.1 and MVAPICH2 1.2 with OpenFabrics-Gen2 support,
and it works pretty well. However, I realized several TCP connections
are created for process creation and control by mpirun_rsh, mpispawn and
rsh/ssh itself. These connections are established over the default
network interface, Gigabit Ethernet in our case, and not Infiniband.

I was wondering if it's possible to configure MVAPICH/MVAPICH2 so that
connections are exclusively created over Infiniband.

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Rafa Arco