[mvapich-discuss] Options for mpispawn

Karl W. Schulz karl at tacc.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 17 09:33:21 EDT 2009

Laurence,

Note that you could also leverage the environment variable mentioned
below to disable affinity in MVAPICH and then use numactl directly in
a wrapper script to launch jobs.  Then you can embed local policy
decisions based on the number of tasks spawned per node.  We do this
locally to provide reasonable affinity settings on QS/QC compute nodes
based on how many MPI tasks are being spawned per node.

Regards,

Karl