[mvapich-discuss] delay in spawning

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Feb 17 12:38:34 EST 2009

You are using the old MPD-based start-up. Starting with MVAPICH2 1.2, a
new scalable and robust mpirun_rsh framework (non-MPD-based) job launching
mechanism has been added. This framework reduces job start-up time
considerably and is also scalable to multi-thousand core clusters. Please
use this and you should see considerable improvement in your job launching
framework. Please refer to the MVAPICH2 user guide from the following URL
for details on using the mpirun_rsh framework:

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.2.html

If the problem persists with the new mpirun_rsh framework, let us know.

DK