[mvapich-discuss] Global Array Programing Issue on the MVAPICH2

Yutaka Kubota kubota at cray.com
Mon Aug 31 02:43:07 EDT 2009

Dear MVAPICH2 member,

This is Yutaka Kubota from Cray Japan Inc.

One of the user made program using global array function on MVAPICH2.
This program execute complete on 1 node and 16 cores environment.
However in the case of 4 node and 16 core ( 1 node use 4 core)
environment was appeared follows error message and program stop on the
way.

[4] Abort: Control shouldn't reach here in prototype, header 172 at line
274 in file ibv_recv.c

I recompiled MVAPICH2 and user program with debug option. We found issue
point of MVPAICH2 function name "MPIDI_CH3I_MRAIL_Parse_header" on the
source file ibv_recv.c. We understood this function prepared 37 header
type and if header type was not much their 37 header type, this is
appeared error message and stop on the way. We suspected this problem of
MVAPICH2.

Could you investigate why "MPIDI_CH3I_MRAIL_Parse_header" function can't
get 37 header types? And why this program get 3 digit number as header
type ( ex. 172, 274, .... )?

If you need this user program. I can send you because use already have
consisted that we send developer team.

* check header type source PATH
mvapich2-1.2p1/src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/gen2/ibv_recv.c

* 37 header types
MPIDI_CH3_PKT_FAST_EAGER_SEND
MPIDI_CH3_PKT_FAST_EAGER_SEND_WITH_REQ
MPIDI_CH3_PKT_EAGER_SEND