[mvapich-discuss] MV2_USE_BLOCKING option trouble on MVAPICH2 all version

Yutaka Kubota kubota at cray.com
Mon Aug 31 00:59:29 EDT 2009

Dear MVAPICH2 Members,

How do you do. This is Yutaka Kubota from Cray Japan.
I try to submit MVAPICH2 issue first time that we found.

We found blocking mode trouble using cpi.c program that is MVAPIC2
sample program. This problem was appeared using "MV2_USE_BLOCKING=1"
option and appoint over 65 cores. If this program execute with option on
the environment. The message appeared " Created comp channel 0x1ff6ce10"
and stop on the way. We think it is issue of MVAPICH2. Because this
problem was not appeared with "VIADEV_USE_BLOCKING=1" option and appoint
over 65 cores on MVAPICH.

$ mpirun_rsh -np 65 -hostfile hostfile.txt MV2_USE_BLOCKING=0  ./a.out
Created comp channel 0x1ff6ce10
* In the case of "-np 64" is not appeared this message

I also found compile issue of MVAPICH2 latest version.
I guessed to suspect this issue for version 1.2-10-01. However we tried
to execute compile latest version. There are appeared follows message
during compiling.

-1.2p1 and 1.4rc1
/opt/intel/cce/10.1.015/lib/libimf.so: warning: warning: feupdateenv is
not implemented and will always fail
*But out putted a.out

If you need this source code. I will send you. The user had consented
that we send user program to developer team.

Best regards

Yutaka Kubota, Cray Japan Inc