[mvapich-discuss] How to configure MPD for using RDMA through Chelsio iWarp adapters

Parav Pandit paravpandit at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 14:04:27 EDT 2009

Thanks for the quick inputs.
I was referring to it and couldn't do it, so post the generic question.
Let me come to specific question now.

System-1(front-node) I started mpd using
#mpd -n 1

user guide doesn't say whether to start mpd on front node or not. It says start on the compute node. I think its implicit to start on the front-node also.
Similarly started the mpd on the System-2 also with same command.

Then on system-1 I run
#mpiexec -machinefile mf_list -n 1 -env MV2_USE_RDMA_CM 1 -env MV2_USE_SRQ 0 ./srtest

mf_list contains following data.
192.168.1.2 ifhn=192.168.1.1
#1.1 is the iWarp RNIC's IP (front-node)
#1.2 is the remote end (compute-node).

With this I am getting following error.
mpiexec: unable to start all procs; may have invalid machine names
    remaining specified hosts:
        192.168.1.2

I am unable to figure out whats wrong in the configuration.
I haven't tried the mpirun_rsh yet. I would like to go step by step and understand the functionality and build-up.

Regards,
Parav Pandit