[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2 and osu benchmarks using Intel NetEffects NIC

Hoot Thompson hoot at ptpnow.com
Thu Apr 30 08:16:13 EDT 2009

Has there been any work done and/or experience with using mvapich2 and Intel
NetEffects 10Gigbit NIC cards as the communication fabric?  If so, any
setup/configuration suggestions for a Linux environment would be
appreciated.  No matter what I try when I try to execute one of the OSU
benchmarks I get the following error...

client1nccs:~/mvapich2-1.2p1/osu_benchmarks # mpiexec -n 2 ./osu_latency
0: Starting MPI
0: [ring_startup.c:301] error(22): Could not modify boot qp to RTS
1: [ring_startup.c:301] error(22): Could not modify boot qp to RTS
rank 1 in job 4  client1nccs_37672   caused collective abort of all ranks
  exit status of rank 1: killed by signal 9
rank 0 in job 4  client1nccs_37672   caused collective abort of all ranks
  exit status of rank 0: killed by signal 9

Thanks in advance.....