[mvapich-discuss] send desc error?

Xie Min xmxmxie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 02:07:14 EDT 2008

We are using mvapich2 on an infiniBand cluster, each node has two
Quad-Core Intel Xeon 64 CPU.

After install mvapich2-1.0.3, we use NPB 3.3 to do some tests, but at
least the bt.C.64 cannot run, it will exit with error after
PMI_Barrier().
Many tasks print the similar error messages:

send desc error
[23] Abort: [] Got completion with error 5, vendor vcode=f9, dest rank
=  40 (or error 9, vendor code=8a, etc)
at line 512 in file ibv_channel_manager.c

We tried mvapich2-1.2rc2, bt.C.64 can run to completion without error.
Because it seems mvapich2-1.0.3 is a stable version, so I am not sure
if our runtime environment has some problems.

We use OpenFabrics 1.3 in the cluster nodes.

BTW, mvapich-1.0.3 use mpich2-1.0.5 as the base, mvapich2-1.2rc2 use
mpich2-1.0.7, what I want to know is what is the difference of ROMIO
in these two version?

Thanks.