[mvapich-discuss] Bug in MVAPICH2 SVN Trunk Configure Script

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Sep 25 17:33:35 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 05:11:57PM -0400, Tom Crockett wrote:
> I think I've found a bug in
> "mvapich2-trunk-2008-09-09/src/binding/f90/configure".
>
> Specifically, line 1370 reads:
>
>     F90FLAGS="$MPICH2_INTERNAL_C90FLAGS"
>
> I believe this should instead be:
>
>     F90FLAGS="$MPICH2_INTERNAL_F90FLAGS"

Thanks Tom, this looks like it can be problematic.  Thanks for reporting
it we'll take a look and incorporate this change.

> This didn't cause me any trouble when I built the code with the Portland
> Group compiler suite, but it resulted in linking problems between
> gfortran and my OFED 1.3 libraries when I tried to build a 32-bit
> version with GCC 4.1.2.
>
> I'm having a similar problem in test/mpi/configure, this time with
> CFLAGS not being set.  I believe the offending section of code is the
> following:
>
> # If it is building with MPICH2, set xFLAGS to null, as mpiXX contains
> xFLAGS.
> if test "$FROM_MPICH2" = "yes" ; then
>     CFLAGS=""
>     CXXFLAGS=""
>     FFLAGS=""
>     F90FLAGS=""
> fi
>
> If I comment this out, the configure step completes successfully.

We'll also take a look at this.  We may still need to reset these flags
but maybe it should still include various 'internal' flags that the user
has specified.

> For the record, I'm setting CFLAGS, FFLAGS, F90FLAGS, etc. to "-march=k8
> -m32".
>
> -Tom
>
> --
> Tom Crockett
>
> College of William and Mary               email:  twcroc at wm.edu
> IT/High Performance Computing Group       phone:  (757) 221-2762
> Savage House                              fax:    (757) 221-2023
> P.O. Box 8795
> Williamsburg, VA  23187-8795

Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo