[mvapich-discuss] Assertion failure in mvapich 1.2rc2

Åke Sandgren ake.sandgren at hpc2n.umu.se
Wed Sep 10 10:04:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 09:38 -0400, Dhabaleswar Panda wrote:
> Thanks for reporting this. Do you see this assertion error with any other
> compiler? Could you also provide some more details on the set-up: how many
> nodes you are using to run this application, type of computing platform,
> type of IB adapter, etc. Also, are you using the default build of mvapich2
> or with any runtime configuration options. You indicate getting this error
> for some inputs. Are there any differences in the input file for which you
> see the error and for which you do not see the error.

I'll try :-)

I have only tried with pathscale (my top priority right now is to get
the VASP code running so i'll stick to pathscale a while longer).
The number of nodes vary from 8 to 25 (we have dual quad-core nodes so
x8 for processors). The system is an IBM blade system with Mellanox
Technologies MT25208 InfiniHost III Ex adapters.

configure --enable-error-checking=all --enable-error-messages=all
--enable-g=handle,dbg,mutex,meminit --enable-fast=none,O0
--with-rdma=gen2 --with-pm=mpd --without-mpe

(with CC and so on set to pathcc etc)

Running without any mvapich env vars set.

As for the inputs to VASP i don't know enough about VASP to be able to
guess why some generate the error and some not.

Note also that mvapich2 1.0.2p1 gave the same assertion error when i
used it.

If you need more details just ask.

Internet: ake at hpc2n.umu.se   Phone: +46 90 7866134 Fax: +46 90 7866126