[mvapich-discuss] Upgrade of MVAPICH -> recompile all apps??

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Sep 9 11:09:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

> currently we are using MVAPICH 0.9.9 from OFED 1.2.5.5. We would like
> to upgrade OFED to latest release. THis would be probably OFED 1.3.2,
> together with integrated MVAPICH mvapich-1.0.1-2533.
>
> Question: do we have to recompile all our applications against new
> MVAPICH?

In the latest MVAPICH 1.0 series (including 1.0.1), a new scalable job
start-up scheme has been introduced. There have been also multiple other
enhancements since 0.9.9. Thus, it will be good to recompile all your
applications to take advantage of these latest features and enhancements.

Also, there is no OFED 1.3.2. I believe you are referring to OFED 1.3.1?

Thanks,

DK