[mvapich-discuss] Problem with the newest mvapich RPM spec file?

Mike Heinz michael.heinz at qlogic.com
Tue Sep 9 08:48:13 EDT 2008

When building recent versions of the mvapich RPM, we are seeing the
following error when compiling on systems that still have g77 installed:

configure: error: Fortran 90 and Fortran 77 compilers are not
compatible.

This was causing our automated build system to fail, even though the
make process seems to ignore the error. This raises a couple of
questions:

1. g77 doesn't support Fortran 90 as far as I know - is it correct to
configure mpif90 to use g77?
2. Should this be an error or perhaps a warning?

We can work around the error message easily enough now that we
understand it - but I'm a little concerned about distributing an mpif90
command that won't be able to process real Fortran 90 programs - should
the spec file be altered to disable Fortran 90 in this case?

--
Michael Heinz
Principal Engineer, Qlogic Corporation