[mvapich-discuss] ifort 11.0.069 mvapich-1.1 weird conflict

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Nov 24 14:39:21 EST 2008

Noam:
It appears that you are having this problem when using mvapich compiled
with 10.1 and the mpi programs compiled with 11.0.  When both the library
and the program use 10.1 there is no problem.  Can you make sure that
both the MPI library and your application are compiled with the same
compiler?  This should not lead to any problems.

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 09:54:17AM -0500, Noam Bernstein wrote:
> I'm seeing a very strange problem, that I have no idea how to debug in
> the following simple FORTRAN 90 program:
>
> program test
> implicit none
> include 'mpif.h'
>
> logical iop
> integer stat
>
> call mpi_init(stat)
>
> open(unit=7,file="bulk.Cr.xyz",form="formatted",status="OLD",
> iostat=stat)
> print *, stat
> close(unit=7)
>
> inquire(7,opened=iop)
> print *, iop
> open(unit=7,file="bulk.Cr.xyz",form="formatted",status="OLD",
> iostat=stat)
> print *, stat
>
> call mpi_finalize(stat)
>
> end program
>
> I've compiled mvapich-1.1 with Intel 10.1.018.
>
> When I compile the program with Intel ifort 10.1.018, it works fine
> (i.e. both
> opens return stat=0).  When I compile the program with ifort 11.0.069,
> the
> second ifort fails with status 40, which is recursive I/O (I/O statment
> executed
> from inside another I/O statement).  I'd blame Intel first, of course,
> but this
> only happens when I use MPI.  If I strip out the MPI things, the program
> works
> fine.
>
> Any ideas how to proceed?
>
> 												thanks,