[mvapich-discuss] Re: mvapich2 crash

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Nov 13 21:39:40 EST 2008

This is somewhat strange. Does using the latest MVAPICH2 without explitly
setting --enable-threads=multiple work? There has been a bug fix to
ptmalloc with the latest release as well.

Your example works fine on my system here with the latest MVAPICH2:
[koop at wci1-oib mvapich2-trunk3]$ ./bin/mpirun_rsh -np 1 wci1 ./pt
In main: creating thread 0
In main: creating thread 1
In main: creating thread 2
In main: creating thread 3
In main: creating thread 4
Hello, World! It's me, thread #5!
Hello, World! It's me, thread #5!
Hello, World! It's me, thread #5!
Hello, World! It's me, thread #5!
Hello, World! It's me, thread #5!

Unless you are making MPI calls from the threads using MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE
should not be required (and would require MPI_Init_thread).

Matt