[mvapich-discuss] Using RDMA CM with MVAPICH2

Sundeep Narravula narravul at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed May 7 14:52:55 EDT 2008

Hi Mahesh,

> Thanks Sundeep for replying. I've successfully tested RDMA CM support of
> MVAPICH2 and it worked fine.

Good to know that your installation went fine.

> As far as I know, not many people are using the RDMA CM support of MVAPICH2.
> So I want to ask you whether using RDMA CM support have any impact
> on the performance of the MPI application AND How stable is the RDMA CM
> support code of MVAPICH2 ?

You should not see any performance changes while using RDMA CM. RDMA CM is
used in connection setup only and does not impact the rest of the
application execution. We have fully tested RDMA CM code at our end. This
has been in our release for some time now and should be quite stable.
Also, RDMA CM-based iWARP support provided by MVAPICH2 is being
used/tested by others as well.

Hope that helps.

  --Sundeep.