[mvapich-discuss] How to setup mpd with make.mvapich.gen2

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Mar 13 10:12:19 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:19:42AM +0000, zhangyigang wrote:
> Dear All:
> I download mvapich-1.0 and try to set it up in my machines. Following the
> user guide, I choose make.mvapich.gen2 for my machine and run the setup by
> typing:
> ./make.mvapich.gen2
> Everything goes smoothly. I got mpif90, mpicc, etc. But I cannot get mpd
> (which I am so customed to because I always used mpich2 and mvapich2). So I
> modified make.mvapich.gen2 as follows:
> --with-device=ch4-gen2 --with-device=ch-4mpd
> The compiling gives an error message.
> Could you kindly inform me how to set up openfabrics/gen2 and mpd together?
> BTW, how to run a program with mvapich? I used to use mvapich2 with mpd.
> The user guide says just setup ssh and then mpirun_rsh -np 1 -hostfile
> cluster ./a.out. I tried, but the program did not run. Do we need first to
> run a daemon or something else before mpirun_rsh (like in mvapich2, we have
> to run mpdboot first before mpiexec)?
> Thanks greatly for your answer.
> yigang Zhang

Yingang Zhang:
According to a post earlier today it looks like you have overcome your issues
using MVAPICH 1.0.  As you may now already know, mpd is no longer supported
starting with this release.

For further information on using mpirun_rsh you can take a look our userguide
located at http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich_user_guide.html.

Below follows a direct link to the most relevant section:
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich_user_guide.html#x1-210005.2

Please let us know if you experience any further difficulties.

--
Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo