[mvapich-discuss] mpiexec: unable to post a write of the barrier command

Rafael Arco Arredondo rafaarco at ugr.es
Thu Jun 5 04:48:20 EDT 2008

Hello,

We are having some issues with MVAPICH2-1.0.2 and the OFA drivers for
InfiniBand. The compilation process of MVAPICH2 ends successfully, and
the applications compile with (apparently) no problems with mpicc.
However, mpiexec fails when programs are executed on more than one
computer. Particularly, MPI_Finalize reports an error which comes from
MPIDI_CH3I_RMDA_finalize. The error occurs both for OFA-Gen2 and uDAPL.
We are using daemonless smpd

Here is the command executed and its output:
mpiexec -rsh -nopm -n 10 -machinefile ./hosts /home/rafaarco/mmul

Task 0 of 10
Task 3 of 10
mpi_matrix_mult_slave()
Task 4 of 10
mpi_matrix_mult_slave()
Task 5 of 10
mpi_matrix_mult_slave()
Task 7 of 10
mpi_matrix_mult_slave()
Task 8 of 10
mpi_matrix_mult_slave()
Task 9 of 10
mpi_matrix_mult_slave()
Task 1 of 10
mpi_matrix_mult_slave()
Task 2 of 10
mpi_matrix_mult_slave()
Task 6 of 10
mpi_matrix_mult_slave()
mpi_matrix_mult_master()
Exiting task 1 of 10
Exiting task 2 of 10
Exiting task 3 of 10
Exiting task 4 of 10
Exiting task 5 of 10
Exiting task 6 of 10
Exiting task 7 of 10
Exiting task 8 of 10
Exiting task 9 of 10
Time: 3.258242
Exiting task 0 of 10
[0] unable to post a write of the barrier command.
[0] PMI_Barrier failed.
Fatal error in MPI_Finalize:
Other MPI error, error stack:
MPI_Finalize(234)............: MPI_Finalize failed
MPI_Finalize(154)............:
MPID_Finalize(132)...........:
MPIDI_CH3_Finalize(87).......: MPI_Finalize failed
MPIDI_CH3_Finalize(70).......:
MPIDI_CH3I_RMDA_finalize(736): PMI_Barrier returned -1

Any clues about what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance,

Rafa

--
Rafael Arco Arredondo
Centro de Servicios de Informática y Redes de Comunicaciones