[mvapich-discuss] PMGR_COLLECTIVE ERROR: unitialized MPI task

Tim Holme timholme at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 11:47:15 EDT 2008

I am running x86_64 GNU/Linux.  After compiling a fortran program with
mvapich-1.0/pgi/bin/mpif90 , I run the program with mpiexec and get
the error:

PMGR_COLLECTIVE ERROR: unitialized MPI task: Missing required
environment variable: MPIRUN_RANK

Alternatively, if I compile the program with mvapich/pgi/bin/mpif77, I
run the program with mpiexec and get the error:

Can't read MPIRUN_HOST

I think the program is not getting the MPI environment variables
passed.  How can I fix this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim