[mvapich-discuss] Hard coded /tmp patch for shared memory files

Lei Chai chai.15 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 29 13:47:27 EDT 2008

Hi John,

Thanks for reporting the problem and sending the patch to us. We have
also realized the limitation, and have come up with a solution that does
not require an actual file path for shared memory communication (by
using shmget and shmat function calls, thanks to suggestions from TACC).
The new solution will be available in the next mvapich2 release.

Thanks again,
Lei