[mvapich-discuss] Hard coded /tmp patch for shared memory files

John Partridge johnip at sgi.com
Mon Jul 28 12:17:23 EDT 2008

We recently had a customer issue with shared memory files being
hard coded to /tmp. The circumstances were that the system was
a diskless cluster with /tmp being an in memory files system.

The /tmp file system was not large enough to support the shared
memory files. So, the customer asked if we could make mvapich use
an alternative path for the shared memory files.

The version the customer is using is mvapich-0.9.9-1326 (from ofed-1.3)
and  we produced a patch to get an alternative path via an environment
variable. The patch is attached in case you might want to include it
in a future release of mvapich/mvapich2

Regards
John

--