[mvapich-discuss] Odd behavior with memory registration / dreg / MVAPICH and MVAPICH2

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Fri Jan 4 17:48:41 EST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Matthew Koop wrote:

> The problem is not an inherent issue with VAPI. Similar support
> could be
> ported to the VAPI device as well. Thus far, we have been including
> new
> features in the OpenFabrics/Gen2 device as vendors have mostly moved
> support to Gen2.

I'll second this: Cisco is doing all of its new HPC IB development
with the OpenFabrics stack (and has been over over a year).  Open MPI
has dropped VAPI support in its upcoming v1.3 release.

We encourage all of our HPC customers to upgrade from VAPI-based
stacks to OFED if possible.

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems