[mvapich-discuss] default envs for mpiexec

Christian Guggenberger christian.guggenberger at rzg.mpg.de
Thu Feb 28 11:24:30 EST 2008

Hello Wei,

> mpiexec should carry your environmental variable automatically. So if you
> have MV2_USE_SRQ=0 in your shell environment on the node you launch the
> job, SRQ will be disabled everytime you launch the application. Please let
> us know if this works.

this would work, of course. However, I'd like to avoid overriding these
shell environments on each system. A centralized approach (by adjusting
mpiexec etc.) would be more appreciated, if possible. (we usually make
mpi libraries available within AFS; thus setting some defaults in the
global installation would make life easier for me ;)

cheers.
 - Christian