[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2 installation with BLCR support

Jonathan L. Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Apr 28 13:07:17 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 05:20:55PM +0200, Yiannis Georgiou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install MVAPICH2 with BLCR support upon an infiniband cluster
> and I would like to ask if it is possible to do this installation wihout
> the OFED packages installed?

Yes, if you have the corresponding packages installed from other sources.

> Some details for the system:
>
> Debian kernel 2.6.22-3-amd64
> gcc version 4.2.3 (Debian 4.2.3-2)
> InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT25208 InfiniHost III Ex (Tavor
> compatibility mode) (rev a0)
> ib_mthca: Mellanox InfiniBand HCA driver v0.08 (February 14, 2006)
> blcr version 0.6.5
>
> I am trying for mvapich2 version 1.0.2p1
>
> The problem is that I cannot install successfully the official OFED
> distribution, needed to use the script "make.mvapich2.ofa" ....but I think
> that a lot of the OFED packages can be found as debian packages....That's
> why I would like to ask which are the OFED packages that are needed for the
> installation and if there is a different procedure that I could follow
> other than changing the script "make.mvapich2.ofa" to point to the correct
> values, for the installation-configuration....

You'll need to have ibumad and ibverbs installed.  Of course you'll also need
the BLCR toolkit installed.  Please see section 4.4.1 of our userguide for more
information in regard to building MVAPICH2.

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2.html#x1-100004.4.1

Hope this helps.

> Thank you in advance for your help...
> Regards,
>
> yiannis
>

> --
>
> Yiannis Georgiou                LIG Laboratory / MESCAL Project
> Yiannis.Georgiou at imag.fr        http://mescal.imag.fr/ +33 (0)4.76.61.20.33
>            FRANCE

Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo