[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2 installation with BLCR support

Yiannis Georgiou yiannis.georgiou at imag.fr
Mon Apr 28 11:20:55 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to install MVAPICH2 with BLCR support upon an infiniband
cluster and I would like to ask if it is possible to do this
installation wihout the OFED packages installed?

Some details for the system:

Debian kernel 2.6.22-3-amd64
gcc version 4.2.3 (Debian 4.2.3-2)
InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT25208 InfiniHost III Ex (Tavor
compatibility mode) (rev a0)
ib_mthca: Mellanox InfiniBand HCA driver v0.08 (February 14, 2006)
blcr version 0.6.5

I am trying for mvapich2 version 1.0.2p1

The problem is that I cannot install successfully the official OFED
distribution, needed to use the script "make.mvapich2.ofa" ....but I
think that a lot of the OFED packages can be found as debian
packages....That's why I would like to ask which are the OFED packages
that are needed for the installation and if there is a different
procedure that I could follow other than changing the script
"make.mvapich2.ofa" to point to the correct values, for the
installation-configuration....

Thank you in advance for your help...
Regards,

yiannis

--

Yiannis Georgiou                LIG Laboratory / MESCAL Project
Yiannis.Georgiou at imag.fr        http://mescal.imag.fr/