[mvapich-discuss] Problems running mpdboot

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Apr 18 17:03:00 EDT 2008

Dee,

You may want to follow the MPICH2 setup guide for MPD to diagnose
the problem:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/files/mpich2-doc-install.pdf
(Check Appendix A for MPD debugging)

You will likely want to try starting the mpd daemons by hand rather than
through mpdboot to figure out setup issues since it will give you more
output. Simply doing a 'mpd &' on each node does not "connect" them into
the ring, so only one is being added to the ring. You should check if you
have any firewalls running, etc.

Thanks,

Matt