[mvapich-discuss] Problems running mpdboot

Dickerson, Dee DDickerson2 at dow.com
Wed Apr 16 16:08:20 EDT 2008

I have installed the latest version of mvapich2 using the
make.makefile.ofa file.  The only changes I made to this file was to
change g77 to gfortran and the prefix to an NFS mounted directory.

When I run mpdboot I get the following error

node002 31% mpdboot -n 4
mpdboot_node002 (handle_mpd_output 396): from mpd on node001, invalid
port info:

I can manually start mpd & on each node but if I run mpiexec -n16
hostname it responds the hostname on the node 16 times.  It does not go
to the other node.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Dee
Dee Dickerson
Engineering & Process Sciences - Process Optimization
Core R&D
The Dow Chemical Company
B-1603
Freeport, Texas 77541