FW: [mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH default installation

Stecher, Fred Fred.Stecher at atk.com
Wed Apr 9 16:38:43 EDT 2008

Matt,
The system administrator for our new SGI cluster computer informed me
that InfiniBand was not configured correctly and that my run could not
be using InfiniBand. The Config file had the wrong name for the network
interface card, i.e. NIC was set to ibO (ib letter "o) when NIC should
have been set to ib0 ( ib number "0"). My executable still ran even
though NIC was set wrong. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Fred