[mvapich-discuss] Error in final mpicc, mpiCC, etc for mvapich2-0.9.8p3

David Gunter dog at lanl.gov
Thu Sep 20 17:02:57 EDT 2007

After building mvapich2-0.98p3 on one of our systems I noticed that
the final lib install directory looked like this:

/opt/mvapich2/mvapich2-0.98p3/lib64

whereas inside the final "mpicc" and other compiler scripts was the
following:

libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib

which maps out to /opt/mvapich2/mvapich2-0.98p3/lib.

Thus, any attempt to compile using the default mpi compile scripts
results in libraries not being found.

What's the best way to go about resolving this?  Note: we are unable
to run mvapich2-1.0 on our systems.  There is a problem with that
version which prevents mpi_sendrecv from working for message sizes
above 4MB.

-david
--
David Gunter
HPC-4: HPC Environments: Parallel Tools Team