[mvapich-discuss] Printing DEBUG_PRINT mesges

Pavel Shamis (Pasha) pasha at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Sep 6 12:23:51 EDT 2007

You may to try to use V_PRINT macro (located in
mpid/ch_gen2/ibverbs_header.h)
it is disabled by default but if you will rebuild the code with
"-DVIADEV_DEBUG" flag it will enable the macro and will create the debug
build - as result the performance
will be very bad.

In the code when you call the macro you may setup on witch "debug level"
you want to print the message: DEBUG00 - DEBUG03

For setting specific debug level during run you may use
VIADEV_DEBUG_LEVEL parameter.
For example  - VIADEV_DEBUG_LEVEL=1 will say to mvapich to run in level
1 of debug.

But As Matt say before all this stuff we use for internal development
and you should understand very well what are you doing.

Pasha.