[mvapich-discuss] mvapich 0.9.9 compilation problem

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Oct 18 16:15:43 EDT 2007

> I've compiled mvapich for using it via tcp. Everything was ok. But in
> the bin directory of the newly installed mvapich does not have
> mpirun_rsh. I don't think that it's ok. Becuase when I'd tried to run
> some jobs with using mvapich via LSF (of Platform) it comlained that it
> could not found the mpirun_rsh in the bin dir of the mvapich dir. And it
> is really not in the bin directory. I've searched it via google but
> cannot find any useful info acording to my kowledge. I'm new to these
> mpi things. Could you please help me?

Please note that the TCP/IP device in MVAPICH distribution is the same
as MPICH code from Argonne. mpirun_rsh is meant to be used for the new
devices (such as Gen2 for native InfiniBand) in MVAPICH. That's why it
is not there in the TCP/IP device. Please refer to the MPICH
distribution from Argonne. If your LSF installation has a module to
work with the standard MPICH distribution, this should work with the
TCP/IP device in the MVAPICH distribution.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

DK