[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 098 Question

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Oct 16 19:24:23 EDT 2007

Hi,

> We are running Mvapich2 .098. It works great up to ~2400 Processors PEs.
> When we try to scale to 4192 PEs it hangs.
> Are there some variables or tuning parameters we need to tweak to get
> it to scale?

Not sure which version of MVAPICH2 0.9.8 you are using. We had a p3
version available with several bug fixes for MVAPICH2 long time back.
Are you using this version or the original 0.9.8 released version?

Since MVAPICH2 1.0 has been released for some time and it incorporates
all bug fixes for 0.9.8 and also new features, I will strongly
recommend you to use this version. Since MVAPICH2 1.0 release, a few
more bug fixes have taken place to the 1.0 branch. I will recommend
taking the version from the branch. We plan to make a release of
MVAPICH2 1.0.1 in the near future with all these fixes.

Let us know if you see any scaling issues for 1.0 version (from the
branch) and we will investigate this issue further.

Thanks,

DK