[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH on Solaris

LEI CHAI chai.15 at osu.edu
Fri May 11 15:24:49 EDT 2007

Hi Hossein,

Thank you for trying out MVAPICH2. There are several
possible reasons why you see the "Cannot open IA"
error:

* Please check the /etc/dat/dat.conf file, there
should be a line like:

 ibd2  u1.2  nonthreadsafe  default  udapl_tavor.so.1  SUNW.1.0  " "  "driver_name=tavor"

* Please make sure ip over ib is setup correctly,
i.e. you should be able to ping the machine's
ipoib address. You mentioned that the
infiniband(ibd2) is with *invalid* address, which
should be fixed.

* MVAPICH2 on Solaris uses "ibd0" as the default
interface. If you didn't change it to ibd2 when you
build mvapich2, you need to set the environment
variable correctly when you run the program, e.g.

mpiexec -n 1 -env DAPL_PROVIDER ibd2 ./cpi

And we suggest that you use mpiexec instead of
mpirun, the usage of mpiexec can be found in
mvapich2 user guide, section 5.2:

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2.html#x1-170005.2

Regards,
Lei