[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH on Solaris

Hossein Pourreza pourreza at cs.umanitoba.ca
Fri May 11 12:49:57 EDT 2007

Hi,

Recently I have a chance to use a Solaris cluster connected using infiniband
interface (Sun X4200 machines, Dual Opteron, Solaris 10). I could run MVAPICh
configured with tcp without any problem but I am getting only (180MBytes/sec)
bandwidth which I believe is very low. So I installed
MVAPICH2-0.9.8p2 using udapl configuration. Everything
was fine and compilation finished without any problem. When I want to run an
application using mpirun, I am getting the following error:

I tried: mpirun -np 1 ./cpi (mpirun comes from the installation directory)

[rdma_udapl_priv.c:648] error(-2146828288): Cannot open IA

I ran mpd first and then tried mpirun. The nodes have two interfaces, gigabit
Ethernet with valid IP address and infiniband (ibd2) with invalid IP address.

Here is the result of running prtconf
ib, instance #0
rpcib, instance #0
daplt, instance #0

Might be of your interest, the result of running make.mvapich2.detect is like:

No HCAs autodetected

Pick one of the following options to optimize MVAPICH for:

1) Mellanox PCI-Express (SDR)
2) Mellanox PCI-Express (DDR)
3) Mellanox PCI-X
4) Pathscale HT
5) IBM ehca

==> 3
Using _MLX_PCI_X_

I do not have any experience of working with infiniband and I am new to Sun too.
I used to work with Linux for many years.

Do you have any idea what the possible problem might be?

Many thanks
Hossein

--
Hossein Pourreza		 			mail:<pourreza at cs.umanitoba.ca>