[mvapich-discuss] Problem running directly on IB with ofed

David Minor david-m at orbotech.com
Tue Mar 13 11:20:11 EDT 2007

Hi,

My jobs are running fine in IPoIB but I cant' get them to run straight
over any of the ib direct protocols. I build mvapich2-0.9.8 with the
following directives:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mvapich2 --enable-threads=multiple
--with-device=osu_ch3:mrail --with-rdma=gen2 --with-pm=mpd
--disable-romio --without-mpe

I'm launching mpd using rsh and giving hostnames that I've mapped to the
IP addresses of the HCA's that interest me.

I then do an mpirun giving these same hostnames.  I think the problem is
that I'm using the standard hostnames which are mapped to ip addresses
not LID or GID's of the HCA's, but I don't know what else to do. This is
my first time trying to get things running in IB, all the tests seem to
show my config is OK. Advice?

Thanks,

David Minor

Orbotech