[mvapich-discuss] mvapich can't run cross nodes when defining _SMP_

Pavel Shamis (Pasha) pasha at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sun Jul 22 03:30:19 EDT 2007

Hi all,
The problem also may be in the system configuration.
Check the hostname on your machines. If the hostname on 2 (or more)
different machines
is the same mvapich will stuck. So you should to check follow stuff:
1. Run command "hostname" on you cluster and check that you don't have
machines with the same name.
2. Check /etc/hosts on all machines. If the file is correct it should be
exactly the same on all machines.

Pasha.