[mvapich-discuss] mvapich can't run cross nodes when defining _SMP_

Terry terry.ccchang at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:46:44 EDT 2007

Dear Abhinav,

In fact, I have tried the version 0.9.7, 0.9.8, 0.9.9 (release, branches,
and trunk),
and the script "make.mvapich.gen2", "make.mvapich.gen2_multirail".
I still face the same problem which the program cannot run across nodes.
When I undefine those two SMP options, every thing will work fine.
I don't know what happened.

I use the osu_benchmarks and my own simple program to try out mvapich.
My own simple program is
MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
printf("aaa\n");
MPI_Finalize();
and it seems to hang in MPI_Init().

By the way, my main hardware configurations  are
Intel Xeon E5335 x 2 x 2 nodes
Fully-Buffered DDR2 667 2GB x 8 x 2 nodes.
Could you give me more suggestions?

Terry