[mvapich-discuss] mvapich can't run cross nodes when defining _SMP_

Terry terry.ccchang at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:34:36 EDT 2007

My environment:
CentOS 4.5
Intel Compiler 10.0.023
OFED 1.2
MVAPICH 0.9.9

I build mvapich by using "make.mvapich.gen2_multirail",
and modify the following lines:
IBHOME=${IBHOME:-/usr/local/ofed}
IBHOME_LIB=${IBHOME_LIB:-/usr/local/ofed/lib64}
PREFIX=${PREFIX:-/usr/local/mvapich-0.9.9}
export CC=${CC:-icc}
export CXX=${CXX:-icpc}
export F77=${F77:-ifort}

If the CFLAGS contains "-D_SMP_ -D_SMP_RNDV_",
mvapich can't run cross nodes (ex: n1 n2).
In n1, mvapich will always be running.
But in n2, mvapich is always in sleep state.
However, it can run in local node (ex: n1 n1 or n2 n2) and execute successfully.

If I undefine "-D_SMP_ -D_SMP_RNDV_",
mvapich can run cross all nodes and execute successfully.
Who can tell me why I can't use SMP options??
Please help me to solve this problem. Thx.