[mvapich-discuss] Installation Problem (MVAPICH2 0.9.8p2)

Lundrigan, Adam LundriganA at DFO-MPO.GC.CA
Tue Jul 17 13:08:30 EDT 2007

Don,

Thanks for sharing your instructions.  I downloaded a fresh copy of MVAPICH2 v0.9.8, followed your instructions, and the installation went smoothly.  I must have made an error somewhere when modifying make.mvapich2.udapl previously, as it was not properly detecting that I was running on Solaris.  I have tested my installation on the four nodes that use ibd0 as their interface, and the OSU benchmarks return numbers that agree with the tables in your instructions (~5.5us minimum latency, max. bandwidth ~700MB/s).

The head node (an x4200) has it's infiniband adapter currently configured as ibd2.  I need to reconfigure that node to also use ibd0 before I can do a full system benchmark, but things are looking good thus far.

Thanks again for your help,
--
Adam Lundrigan
Computer Systems Programmer