[mvapich-discuss] mpd.conf requirement

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jan 18 13:38:56 EST 2007

Tom,

MVAPICH2 uses PMI for exchanging all startup parameters, so any launcher
that supports the PMI interface should also be compatible. MVAPICH2 ships
only with mpd, however, you are not restricted to that.

SLURM, for example, supports PMI and can be used to start MPI jobs.
Additionally, OSC mpiexec for PBS also supports PMI.

Matt