[mvapich-discuss] installation

Jess Kondor jess.kondor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 21:51:22 EST 2007

Hi Abhinav,

 thanks for the support

> I think this problem may occur if the binaries which you are using
> are not re-compiled with the version of mvapich you have installed.
>
> Assuming that you have installed MVAPICH in directory MPI_HOME, please
> make sure that the programs which you are trying to execute are compiled
> with mpicc present in MPI_HOME/bin/mpicc. Also, please use
> MPI_HOME/bin/mpirun_rsh for running the programs. IMHO, this should
> solve the problem for you.

Indeed, I compiled the code by using  new mvapich (script mpif90).  I will
check, which version of mvapich is actually used during execution.

Another point. In fact, with old version of mvapich shipped with topspin we
used 'mpirun_ssh' for running jobs (we use 'ssh' for connection to compute
nodes). Now we have LSF installed and I use the wrapper 'mpirun.lsf', which
(I guess) uses 'mpirun_ssh'. I noticed that new mvapich does not have
'mpirun_ssh', only 'mpirun_rsh'. So, how to use the correct one?

thanks,
  jk