[mvapich-discuss] installation

Abhinav Vishnu vishnu at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Jan 8 10:06:14 EST 2007

Hi Jess,

> Hi Abhinav,
>
>  thanks for the help. I was able to install mvapich using make.mvapich.vapi
> script and by choosing PCI-X and SDR options (this script asked about it). But
> simple test failed with the error:
>
> cannot find MPI_PROCESSES.
>
> what does it mean?

I think this problem may occur if the binaries which you are using
are not re-compiled with the version of mvapich you have installed.

Assuming that you have installed MVAPICH in directory MPI_HOME, please
make sure that the programs which you are trying to execute are compiled
with mpicc present in MPI_HOME/bin/mpicc. Also, please use
MPI_HOME/bin/mpirun_rsh for running the programs. IMHO, this should
solve the problem for you.

Please let us know the outcome of your experimentation.

Thanks and regards,

:- Abhinav