[mvapich-discuss] Bug in smpd

Luis Kornblueh luis.kornblueh at zmaw.de
Fri Feb 23 11:53:01 EST 2007

Hi,

sorry, if this is the wrong place.

I try to get mvapich2 running in tight integration with SGE.  It is
recommended to use smpd for this. On our cluster are no home
directories available. I tried to use the -smpdfile option.  The
problem is that in smpd_connect the clean call for smpd_open_xxx is
not used but some - it looks like - quick hack code. So smpd is not
using the command line option smpdfile. You can get smpd coming up as
daemons, but mpiexec is bailing out.

My target is to distribute the smpd file in the SGE TMPDIR which makes
it available to a full job and gets cleaned up at the end.

Hope someone can help - thanks a lot,
Luis

--
                             \\\\\\
                             (-0^0-)

 Luis Kornblueh                           Tel. : +49-40-41173289
 Max-Planck-Institute for Meteorology     Fax. : +49-40-41173298
 Bundesstr. 53
 D-20146 Hamburg                   Email: luis.kornblueh at zmaw.de
 Federal Republic of Germany