[mvapich-discuss] Query related to running MVAPICH over OFED

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Aug 16 08:10:51 EDT 2007

> Hi all,
> Usually, to run MVAPICH over OFED, make.mvapich2.ofa is used. After
> successful compilation, MVAPICH will use "OpenFabrics Gen2-IB" as
> underlying transport interfaces.
> This i have tried & is running fine.
>
> Now as OFED contains dapl component, so can uDAPL interfaces be used
> to run MVAPICH over OFED ?
> OR
> After compiling MVAPICH with make.mvapich2.udapl, will it work using
> "uDAPL" as underlying transport interfaces provided by OFED ?

Yes, this will work. The uDAPL support in MVAPICH/MVAPICH2 works well
with any uDAPL layer (including that of OFED). In fact, during every
release, we carry out extensive test of the uDAPL interface over OFED
uDAPL.

You can also find this information in the user guides (available from
mvapich web site).

> If anybody has tried this before, can help me.
>
> For info:- I am using MVAPICH2-0.9.8/ MVAPICH2-1.0 with OFED 1.1 on a
> infiniband card.

Thanks,

DK