[mvapich-discuss] is it bug when a large connection, large cluster, is used on mvapich 0.9.9-2007-04-25 daily verion?

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Apr 26 12:57:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

??? wrote:
> Hello
> When I ran HPL on my cluster sysem which is consist of linux blade
> system , it die with a strange error.
> Under using 640 process then it works well but HPL die above 640 .
> The error is blow.
> bash : line 1 : 18891 Segmentation fault /usr/bin/env
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=... ... ...VIA_... ... ... ./xhpl
> -------------------------- --------- -----
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment value IB environment program
>
> Because i don't know about this error why it occurs so i want to help
>
> and I used IB driver is ofed 1.2 rc 2 and MVAPICH 0.9.9 2007- 04-25
> version.
>
> Have Any idea about this problem?? t

Thanks for trying out MVAPICH-0.9.9. Sorry that you faced a segmentation
fault above 640 processes. To better diagnose the error and its causes,
could you please send us the back-trace of the segmentation fault? You
could do that by compiling both MVAPICH and HPL with "-g" in the CFLAGS
(for MVAPICH it should be placed in make.mvapich.gen2). Then enable core
dumps (ulimit -c unlimited) in your shell. Start gdb on the core file
and say "bt". That should give us some more information about where the
application is segfaulting.

Thanks,
Sayantan.

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs